Sunday, July 13, 2008

Count Down - 20 Days To Go!

If this were my journal, I'd write...
Father, thank You for an all-sufficient weekend! You are my Provider, my Comforter, my Giver of all things! You created me, You know what I need, and You never hold back. I specifically thank You for leading me and Russell in how to pray toward this time apart from one another so that we could SEE You in our midst! YOU have provided him with safety and a strong, positive attitude in the midst of physically miserable conditions. YOU have sustained his strength and shown favor in the weather...no rain! YOU have provided me with joy and peace in my more emotional pregnant condition. YOU have loved on each of us through everyone's prayers and reaching out to us. Thank YOU for Your body, for Your children, through whom You have more than fulfilled my heart and soul these last two days. Thank You with all my heart for the opportunity to speak to Russell by phone these last two evenings. What an unexpected gift! We absolutely acknowledge You and praise You for the encouragement that this conversation and prayer time offers. My heart overflows in thanksgiving and praise to You, Abba Father, dear Lord Jesus and Holy Spirit.

Only 20 days to go!

Today, God loved on me through family and friends and His Word (among countless other means!):

I got to visit with my mom, dad and sister this morning. To clarify, while I was physically visiting with my mom and sister here in town, we called my dad, who is currently in Iran. The visiting time always blesses my heart. I also got to lay out and swim at there house, which I always enjoy!

This afternoon, I got a good hour-long visit with our closest friends, Ryan and Jenn. Just an afternoon visit with the deVilleneuve's...catching up, sharing and listening, watching their interactions with each other and with their son Rollins is incredibly fulfilling to my heart and soul! "Thank you for sharing your weekend with me, guys!!"

This evening, I got to hear the Word of God spoken with boldness and confidence. Jeff Heine preached at Redeemer Community Church on I Corinthians 2: 6-16, "Wisdom From the Spirit." Wow! Read this passage. Then, re-read it, realizing Who God gives us and what that means!

"We have not received the spirit of the world but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us...We have the mind of Christ." I Corinthians 2: 12, 16 (emphasis mine)

Again, wow! Jeff did a great job preaching this evening, and the Spirit was fast at work in my heart to get this TRUTH in an new, life-giving, hope-filling way! "Thank YOU, Lord!"

I did get to speak with Russell tonight, just after eating sushi in the car and on my way home from Publix after church! So typical of me! If I'm driving, I'm likely eating! Sushi is not so typical, however, but I am pregnant and have been craving it since last week! Back to Russell :), we caught up on the phone for over half an hour. He's doing very well, especially spiritually! He gave me a good description of his living conditions, which I'll share in another blog. I'm so tired and ready to turn out the lights after this fun, long weekend! :) Russell hopes to get his turn at the showers tomorrow night. You can join us in prayer specifically for that. This is day two of a hot, sweaty workday without a shower. I'd be miserable!

Thank you!

No comments: