Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The 'Wright' Salsa

Russell has edited and I think 'perfected' a salsa recipe that everyone raves about! It has a great 'kick,' and is not sweet like lots of other salsas out there.

Releasing the 'Wright' family salsa recipe...

Ingredients:
-2 cans of stewed tomatoes (Del Monte Mexican recipe)
-2 cans of Rotel tomatoes
-1/2 can of black beans, optional
-1/2 can of whole kernel corn, optional
-1 handful fresh cilantro or 1 Tablespoon dried cilantro
-juice of one lime
-1 Tablespoon cumin (this adds the 'bite')
-1 Tablespoon garlic powder
-1 Teaspoon salt (or not; you can always add, but can't take away!!)
Directions:
a) Strain the stewed tomatos, then blend to desired consistency (blender works perfectly)
b) Strain the rotel, then add to mix
c) Rinse thoroughly and strain black beans and corn, then add to mix (for chunkier salsa)
d) Add all remaining ingredients
e) Stir and serve at room temperature
f) Refrigerate leftovers...if any.

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Us said...

I will attest....this is the best salsa I have ever had! I could eat my weight in it! I'm glad the recipe is now published!

Anonymous said...

Is this an original recipe? It sounds just like one a friend gave me awhile back that we make all the time. It is the best!