Saturday, April 25, 2009

Rhys' First Trip to the Zoo!!

We got to spend a nice, relaxing weekend with Papa & Grandmom Wright, Aunt Tami and Aunt Kristie & cousin Sierra Grace in Louisiana. One of our big outings was the Louisiana Purchase Zoo in Monroe, Louisiana, Rhys' first trip to a zoo! :) {That's not saying too much...if the little man wasn't sleeping, he was 'in his own little baby world' in his stroller. :))
Papa & Grandmom Wright, taking a break in the shade...it was HOT!We took advantage of the shady breaks, too!! Rhys was sportin' his 'birthday suit' {plus a diaper! ;)} because of the heat!The flamingo is one of my favorites!!
Aunt Tami and Sierra fed Jerry the Giraffe a cake cone. {I know...a cake cone? It's what the zoo keepers were feeding them! Interesting!}Little Miss Sierra Grace was BRAVE to pet the goats!! "You go, girlie!"
These alligators are REAL! Papa says they can travel up to 25 miles per hour on land!! I personally choose not to challenge that fact! The peacocks were everywhere! They're beautiful, but their screech scared Rhys, so I stayed clear of them! My protective instincts were awoken!! :)
Look at this turtle! Such a pretty shell!
Russell & Rhys taking a shady break. :) My sweet men...I love them!Wort hogs! UGLY creatures!
One of my very favorites...look at these prarie dogs! They look like little statues! Ha ha!!
I felt like I was in a scene of "Out of Africa" looking at this pretty lion!A rhinocerous...hangin' out in the shade.

This is not even half of what we saw at the zoo! I was so impressed at the variety of animals at the local Monroe zoo that I had to share!! {I know it's a lot of animal pics! :)}

That was just the first morning of our trip! Rhys did great, but he has no clue he was at the zoo...we'll have to go again when he's a little more aware of what's going on! :)

2 comments:

Missy Morgan said...

Great updates recently! Love them. Love the pics. Love the mini van for a growing family! =) i expect one to play soccer and quit in the middle of a game like i did!! =)
Happy late bday! Sorry I missed that one. guess remembering birthdays arent my niche. I made strawberry bread tonight, made me think of you! Always making different breads. Lets catch up soon! Miss you. love you! mm
=)

Ashley Matteo said...

looks like yall had fun and got to see ALOT of animals. dan will be jealous because he loves the zoo.