Wednesday, October 15, 2008

25 Weeks - Hearts of Amazement & Prayer

So, according to Baby Center, it seems I have a rutabaga in my tummy! :) Okay, maybe not a the actual vegetable, but it's neat to have an idea that Rhys is about the average weight of a rutabaga -- about 1 1/2 pounds and is measuring 13 1/2 inches in length, from head to heel.

Russell and I continue to watch my stomach grow in absolute amazement and awe of God's miracle of creation! A child is growing inside of me! That miracle is so much BIGGER, more meaningful in my mind, now,...still unfathomable. We're so excited that Rhys is doing exactly what he's supposed to do!! Grow and develop well!! "Father, we praise you for creating this child, and we continue to pray over his heart...that You would continue to draw him to Yourself through us as his parents, through Your Word, through prayer, through people and circumstances. Use whatever You will to open his eyes and heart to Yourself in such a way that he wants to follow hard after only You! I pray this for myself and Russell, as well, as we seek to raise Rhys and hopefully a growing family to know and love You with all of our hearts, souls, minds and bodies. We are Yours, Abba. Use us as You will. In Jesus' powerful name I pray. Amen."

2 comments:

Ashley Matteo said...

hey
i love the rutabega picture and of course your cute belly with such a fun shirt on. we are so excited about rhys growing so well and we can't wait for him to come out healthy and start playing with nathan. love ya friend

Us said...

Shireen,
You look beautiful at 25 weeks, and more than that, your heart of joy for little rhys is beautiful! I am so glad you are rejoicing and enjoying this miracle!