Saturday, April 26, 2008

Drill Weekend = Girls' Weekend!!

Russell left for drill Friday morning at 4:30. Well, I was awake, so I got my day started, too! I was off to the gym, got in a great workout, went on to work until just after noon, then headed to run errands and get my evening started! Whoohoo! It's a girls' weekend!

Once I got finished with my errand running, it was only 2:00! What to do with my afternoon? Hmmm...I know, I'll go get my manicure and pedicure that my sweet husband gave me for my birthday! An hour and a half later (!!!!), completely relaxed from all the pampering (even the chair was massaging me! :)), I walk out of the salon with freshly polished nails and an "I can't believe this is really happening" attitude. I just feel so spoiled!

An hour later, I'm meeting my sweet girlfriend, Sarah Dunn, at her office, Architecture Works, in downtown Birmingham, ready to peruse the Downtown Art Festival!

Sarah's so modest, but she's an amazing architect, and she definitely glorifies the Lord through her work...serving through ministries both locally and internationally with her architectural skills and heart for people. I'm proud of her.
I'm embarrassed to admit that I've lived in Birmingham ALL my life and have never been here! Sad! Well, here's Linn Park! So pretty!
Look at the water flowing down hill behind Sarah...really neat park!It was a HOT night, and I considered asking these boys if I could join them! :)
Then, we ran into Kate Merritt Davis! I work with her and her husband! She's an abstract artist, and I love the vibrant colors in her work! Visit her Etsy site for more!
I appreciate the primary colors...this sunshine is 3-dimensional! Very cool!

I could have gone home completely satisfied with the day and evening! However, my thoughtful friend Sarah had another surprise up her sleeve...she treated me to a birthday dinner at my all-time-favorite, Jim N Nick's! I tanked up on cheese biscuits, a bbq chicken sandwich and cole slaw! They sent me home with a big ole slice of chocolate pie since it was my birthday! :) It was YUM, too!

What a fun-filled Friday! Fulfilling in so many ways! "Thank you, Sarah, for treating me!!" :) I am so grateful for genuine fellowship in our Lord.

Off to bed, I was excited for what Saturday might bring!

1 comment:

Darby said...

How fun!!! Looks like a wonderful day start to finish!!