Tuesday, February 10, 2009

More Fun Visits!!

Shegun & Mary were SO sweet! They came to visit one Friday evening and brought us a couple of huge trays of yummy sandwiches and veggies!! "Thank you, guys! We enjoyed those treats so much!!"
Below, Sam & Emily Hawes brought us lunch from Panera and spent a good afternoon with us and another great couple from our church.We just have the BEST neighbors!! This sweet group of ladies put dinner, dessert and lots of wonderful gifts together for us and Rhys about a week ago. I met most of these sweet ladies walking in our neighborhood. Now, they can hardly wait for me to walk with Rhys in his stroller...they don't really care to see me anymore...it's all eyes on Rhys! :) I'm thankful!
Below, Miss Faye!! I love her!! We worked together at Mountain Brook Community Church, and we're neighbors!! "I love you, Miss Faye!!" Another one of my favorites...Miss Marcie. I also know this wonderful woman from Mountain Brook Community, and she has become like family to me, as well! We were blessed through her visit and prayers over us this Sunday, and she cooked us a huge pot of Tortilla Soup! It's thawing in our sink right now! Can't wait to try it!! Yum! She also brought us a package of diapers...how very thoughtful! I don't even want to guess how many we go through in one day! :)This sweet couple, Tyler & Allison Fuqua, brought us a yummy dinner, and they were so great to stay and eat with us! "Thank you, guys!! We loved the poppyseed chicken casserole, the yummy green beans and fruit dessert! You guys are wonderful, and we are loving getting to know y'all!"

Dave & Carrie Tyson came to visit last Saturday, and they are officially in Hawaii as of this evening!!! Yay!! Dave is in the military and has just been assigned duty in only one of the most beautiful places in this world!! "Thank you for the flowers and yummy sweet treats, guys!! We hope to visit you once you get settled...or maybe once we get settled!! ;) We are praying for you guys! Love you!"And just because I love the men in my life, I must share pictures of them together...
Russell pushing Rhys in the stroller, while I get my neighborhood walk in for the day. :)

Above, outfit #1, just before we realized that Mommy failed to tighten the diaper well enough to prevent leakage. :(
Below, outfit #2, after Daddy took over the diaper change! :)
More pictures of the good-lookin' men in my life...


(P.S. No worries...Russell is supporting Rhys' neck and head in the above picture! ;))

I know I haven't blogged much lately, but I do keep the camera close at hand for mostly picture posts. We are doing great...staying very busy!! I cannot imagine having twins! Whew! One is a sweet handful!!

I drove for the first time in three weeks yesterday, and Russell was out of town, so I had to take Rhys with me, and I was a prayerful nervous wreck! :) (Is that possible? Or is that sinful? :)) We had a great day together, and we're excited that Daddy is back home!

I go back to work tomorrow for just a couple of hours, but I'm really looking forward to the outing and to visit my co-workers! I praise the Lord for His provision of our friends and family, and it's been very neat to see how they have come together and loved on us during this sweet transition as we've become a family.

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone! We love you all!

4 comments:

Darby said...

Shireen, Loved catching up with you today! And now I love knowing who all the people are in the album I just looked through! I love you and your sweet baby!!

Us said...

Shireen,
I love the pictures! Rhys is getting chunky and I love it!! I can't believe how he has grown in just three short weeks!! He is precious!

Ashley Matteo said...

hey
good job with the pics and your boys are handsome! praise the
lord for providing such great friends, neighbors and food! keep up the good work as being Rhys' mommy!
ashley

Lauren said...

Shireen, believe it or not, I don't think I have your email address! So, I am just going to leave you a "comment" instead. As I am sure you are aware, my absolutely gracious sister and brother-in-law have blessed me with an amazing camera (http://www.dpreview.com/news/0801/08012403canoneos450d.asp), which I need some practice using. Can I set up a time to come take some baby pics of sweet little Rhys? I can't promise the results will be awesome, but I'm sure it would be a fun time for all of us :) Email me (lwwebber@gmail.com). Lauren