Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Heart Rejoices! My Heart Is FULL!

If I were to journal about our evening last night with our friends from RCC (Redeemer Community Church), I would journal a prayer of THANKSGIVING! Oh, how thankful I am, as my heart longs for hope, joy, encouragement, affirmation and the things that come from a relationship with God's body of believers. I love the Lord with all of my heart, mind, body and soul! How He is able to love each of us so personally is unfathomable to me, yet He does! I am truly humbled and in awe of His goodness! "Thank you, Father!"

We had some great couples over for dinner and intentional fellowship last night. I say "intentional" because I desire to really get to know these brothers and sisters. Last night was only a start, as Russell and I look forward to our continued friendship and growth with these couples. "Thank you, guys, for such a wonderfully yummy and fun evening!"

After feasting on Jenn's yummy brie & brown-sugared pecans baked in a Pillsbury dough, we moved on to dinner. Jamie & Charlie prepared a yummy salad, consisting of Romaine lettuce, blue cheese, walnuts and pears, tossed in a raspberry vinaigrette dressing. Russell & I made chicken parmesan over spaghetti. Jenn brought her mouth-watering yeast rolls, which are always a hit! :) Emily brought a beautiful and delicious strawberry, ice-cream like dessert, served over Oreo pieces. What a treat!!! I love pot lucks! :)
Jenn, Emily Hawes, myself & Jamie Erwin
Everyone focusing hard, strategically planning in the midst of a Joker game!

Ryan, Russell, Sam Hawes & Charlie Erwin

I praise the Lord for great friends and brothers and sisters in Christ. Russell and I had prayed before the evening that the Lord would lead the evening, that His Spirit would guide, that Jesus would be present. I prayed specifically that the evening would be a Hebrews 10:24-25 night, which says, "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching." It was indeed a Hebrews 10:24-25 night! I think everyone would agree!
I rejoice because my heart is full!

2 comments:

Darby said...

Shireen, My heart is full just reading about it!!! What a wonderful night and what wonderful food!!! Mmmmmm!! So glad you are doing well this weekend... I am too!! :) Love you!

James, Heidi, & Isaiah Drake said...

you're making me want to play a game! i've never heard of the joker game before ... i'll have to try it out - i love game nights!
also, i wanted to say i LOOOOOOVE the name samuel rhys - so beautiful & just cool sounding! he'll definitely be a stud with a name like that! :) how did y'all come up with rhys?? is russell welsh?
hope we find a time to ride again soon - i did ride our route the backwards way today & it was great. hope you had fun off-roading ... something good to blog about! :)