Thursday, November 22, 2007

Christmas, 2006 – Meeting the Louisiana Wright's, my future family!

Russell finally took me to meet his parents! I loved them immediately! Rusty, Claudia, Tami, Kristie and Todd and Zeke embraced me with welcome and warm hearts! We ate, visited, laughed, shared stories, and they absolutely lavished me with sweet and meaningful gifts! Christmas is a special time with Russell’s family, and this was my first Cajun Christmas! “You make a great Cajun St. Nick, Dad!” :)
Oh, what a fun Christmas weekend! Everyone quickly learned that Shireen’s favorite seat in the house was not necessarily next to Russell, rather right in front of the fireplace! I mean, come on! It was December! And, oh, what a wonderful fire!
Meeting the family went very well, and it was only a matter of time before they would become my family!
“Thank You, Lord!!”

No comments: