Friday, January 11, 2008

Stockings For Two!

This blog entry is way late, but I still wanted to share...
Although Christmas didn't go quite exactly as "planned," Russell and I did get to start the stocking stuffer tradition as a married couple! It was fun!
I bought our new stockings to blend with the colors of our home...gold and red. I was proud of the purchase, and Russell liked them, too, which is certainly important!
Well, I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I didn't realize, even at 30 years of age, that they're not supposed to be stuffed until Christmas Eve! Whoops! I took advantage of Russell's drill weekend in early December to go shopping for our stockings. I wanted to surprise him and excite him that we already had little surprises awaiting us for Christmas! So, my intentions were so sweet, but it was spoiled when Russell got home from drill and eagerly but mischeviously went over and started feeling what could be in the stockings! He guessed every little thing! I was crushed but not permanently! :)
I know to wait until Christmas Eve for future stocking stuffing!
I was excited that Russell and I were "on the same page," as far as what to stuff our stockings with!! I'm so frugal, and I wanted to use this as an opportunity to surprise each other with functional items, things we actually use year-round! Russell was right on with this! Yeah! So, we got gum, new Smartwool socks, yummy citrus cough drops, facial cleansers and creams, mouth wash, hand lotions, Purell hand sanitizer, Burt's Bees Lip Balm, his favorite...Andes Mints, and my favorite...dark chocolate Hershey's assorted miniatures. He surprised me with a diamond and pearl necklace on a white gold chain. I'm wearing it over my green sweater above! I put it on immediately! What a sweetheart my man is. "Thank you, Honey!"

No comments: