Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Girls' Night Out!!

When Russell goes out of town, I'm very intentional about getting together with 'my girls'!!
Russell left for a week-long salesmeeting with his company to Charleston, South Carolina yesterday morning. He left the house at 4:00am! I was definitely still in sleep mode, but that didn't stop him from leaving me with a sweet kiss before departing!
"Muah, Honey!" ;-)
He made it safely to Charleston, and he's been enjoying getting to know his company team, while sitting through hours of meetings! I'm proud of him, and, I admit, I would not be eager to be there!
I got to spend last night with some great girls over a great dinner at Panera Bread! My best girlfriend, Ashley Matteo, just below, in the turquoise sweater just announced that she's pregnant! 10 weeks! Baby Matteo is developing beautifully with a healthy heartbeat that Ashley and Dan could both hear & see at their Dr's appoinment yesterday afternoon! "Ashley, you're right...God is so good to us! Congratulations, guys!"
Stacey Picardy, to Ashley's right, is 7 months pregnant! She's completely finished with Baby Sarah Kathryn's nursery, and she and Thomas are prayerfully discussing parenting and raising her up to know our Lord!
Life is so exciting for these girls and their hubbies! Many upcoming changes...for the GOOD!! We praise our GOD!
Carrie Tyson is another best girlfriend of mine, since the day we met about 3 years ago! We've been through so much together...definitely laughing until crying lots of times (like last night, at the wonderful news of Ashley's pregnancy) all the way to bearing one another's burdens in times of hardship. "Carrie, I love you, girl!" She's a special young lady. Her hubby just joined the army, and the Lord has taught me a lot about His strength and confidence as I've watched her spend months without him, fairly newly married, too. I see that God truly does give us all that we need for any circumstance, as I've gotten to spend more time with her, while Dave's been in training at Fort Benning, Georgia. Carrie's a strong young woman, who seeks to honor our Father in every thought, word, action...everything that she does! I'm grateful for her constant witness.
If you've read any of my previous posts, you know how important friendship is to me. It fills my heart because it is a gift from our Lord! My cup is indeed overflowing!
I praise our God for these women, who so desperately desire to live for His glory and Kingdom purposes!
"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness." 2 Peter 1:3

No comments: