Saturday, January 2, 2010

Christmas Surprises

Christmas Day was so sweet for us. We just layed low, rested a lot, and we got to visit Rhys' Mimi. :) Mimi is a dear friend of mine, who I met years ago at the gym. We clicked and have been friends since. She's been WAITING for me to get married and have babies so that she could put her knitting into practice for my little ones. She knitted this beautiful sweater for Rhys, and we got to spend a good part of our Christmas day visiting with Mimi. Thank you for the sweater and for spending your Christmas with us, Jan! We love you!Rhys loves his Mimi...he'll stay at her house some mornings, and when I pick him up and take him home for his afternoon nap, he's out for 2.5 to 3 hours! She wears him out with lots of fun, and I am thankful! :) I catch me a nap a lot of those afternoons!
Can anyone resist that sweet face???? :)
The evening after Christmas, we visited with Rhys' Poppa & Yaya Wright, and they gave him this wicker rocking chair, which he is already enjoying!! Thank you, Poppa & Yaya!!
Christmas brought us some sweet surprises, and we are thankful. Most of all, we are truly thankful for the gift of Jesus Christ, who we celebrate and praise as the reason for life.
"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10

No comments: